Translate

16 maggio 2005

Partire e' un po' morire??..


robert_scheidt, originally uploaded by lzp.

Per noi pippe senz'altro, per Lui e' un'ottima occasione per ipotecare una medaglia, ecco cosa pensa delle partenze:

The Start:

During the 5 minutes before the start I will re-check my line of sight to make sure I have a good idea of where the line is.  I will keep moving from one end of the line to the other just to feel the wind pressure and make the final observations about the first windward leg.

I'm a conservative starter.  I rarely try to win the Race Committee or the pin.  My approach is to start near the favoured end but most important I try to create a space to leeward so I have the chance to make a fast start in clear air.  I think trying to win the start is too risky as it can very often lead to premature starts. If the fleet is large I try to create my space a little earlier (about 1 minute before the start).  In smaller fleets you can find a spot a bit later.

photo and txt courtesy of www.lasersailing.com

Nessun commento: